CBD benefits are making it a popular ingredient in many health and wellness products. It is the major cannabinoid naturally found in the hemp plant that is being used in many oriental medical practices. Cannabidiol has therapeutic effects like reducing pain, inflammation, stress, anxiety, and healing wounds, etc. Thus, people are using it to treat a wide variety of common day ailments. In this article, we will investigate the benefits of combining CBD with sauna therapy.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid common to the cannabis family of plants. It positively impacts the endocannabinoid system (ECS), and this is because it interacts with endocannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2. CB2 is linked with the immune system. And CB1 is linked with the peripheral and central nervous systems. ECS regulates homeostasis because it is a network of chemical messengers and neurotransmitters spread throughout the body. Any deficiency in this system makes you sick, and consuming cannabidiol products like oil can fix this issue.
What Is Sauna?
A sauna is a room or a building where people can experience dry or wet heat sessions, and it is popular because people feel invigorated after leaving it. This is because it relaxes blood vessels that dilate them; thereby increasing the blood flow. As a result, it reduces inflammation, muscle soreness, and joint pains. Besides, this is especially useful for people with chronic arthritis.
Benefits Of CBD And Sauna
- CBD for pain management is popular because it positively interacts with the vanilloid receptors that are responsible for pain perception.
- Due to CBD’s positive effect on the endocannabinoid system (ECS), endorphins are easily absorbed; this results in a reduction of stress and depression.
- One of the major CBD benefitsis its neuroprotective effect that aids in the repair and development of new neurons. Because of this, consuming it prevents the development of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s, dementia, and Parkinson’s.
- CBD’s anti-inflammatory effect makes it useful in the treatment of symptoms of skin diseases like psoriasis and eczema.
- Sauna reduces pain by decreasing inflammation and increasing the absorption of beta-endorphins.
- It is well known that sauna reduces anxiety and stress.
- Sauna promotes the production of collagen that keeps the skin young and slows down wrinkle formation.
- Sauna increases myelin production, thereby improving the brain function. It helps repair nerve cell damage. This is because it increases the levels of hormones prolactin and norepinephrine that increases attention and focus.
When combined, the benefits of CBD and sauna enhances their therapeutic effects.