People use a large number of methods for consuming CBD including smoking, vaping, oral consumption, topical application, etc. Another popular method that is preferred by a lot of people for consuming CBD includes the sublingual method. This is an easy method that can give you fast and intense results. Therefore, we are providing some important information about consuming CBD sublingually for helping you to decide whether this option is suitable for you.
What Is Sublingual Administration?
It involves holding a few drops CBD oil, tincture or isolate under your tongue for almost 60 seconds before swallowing it. It will help the mucous membranes in your mouth to absorb CBD directly into your bloodstream. As it does not involve digestion or metabolism, more amount of CBD will enter your bloodstream, hence, the bioavailability will be more. In addition to this, you will also get fast results. Therefore, it is one of the best options for people who are looking for fast and intense results.
Advantages of Sublingual Method For CBD
The sublingual method has a large number of benefits when compared to other methods for consuming CBD.
- It provides higher bioavailability when compared to some other methods used for consuming CBD.
- Provides immediate and intense results.
- Ideal option for people who have difficulty in swallowing capsules or pills.
- Can be useful for avoiding the problems associated with harsh smoke and vapors associated with smoking or vaping CBD respectively.
- As CBD oil and tinctures come with droppers, you can maintain consistent dosages.
Disadvantages Of Sublingual Method Of CBD Consumption
Sublingual method has some disadvantages too that are mentioned below:
- The strong taste associated with CBD oil might make it difficult for you to consume CBD sublingually.
- May leave an aftertaste in your mouth and the smell can be present in your breath.
- Here, the CBD will be swiftly released to the bloodstream, therefore, it is not suitable for people who want the slow release of CBD.
- If there are some issues associated with your mouth such as mouth sores, then CBD oil can irritate you.
Is Sublingual Method Better Than Taking CBD Orally?
You can also choose to consume CBD oil or tinctures orally. CBD edibles are also available in the market for making the oral consumption easier. However, when you consume CBD orally, it will have to go through digestion and metabolism. Therefore, the bioavailability will be less, as a huge amount of CBD will be lost during these processes. In addition to this, oral consumption will take about 30-60 minutes for providing results. Hence, if you are looking for fast and intense results, the sublingual method can be more effective than oral administration.