A lot of people confuse hemp oil for CBD oil. However, you have to be aware that these two are entirely different products that vary greatly in terms of their properties. So it is important for you to be aware of them for finding the product ideal for your situation. Therefore, we are listing some of the important differences you need to know about hemp oil and CBD oil.
Hemp oil, which is now popularly known as hempseed oil, is extracted from the hemp seeds. It will be obtained by cold press extraction of hemp seeds and the product usually have dark to clear light green color. Healthy hemp oils will be rich in protein, vitamin E, and omega fatty acids, but it will not contain any cannabinoids. Also, the health benefits exhibited by hemp oil are different from CBD oil.
When compared to hemp oil, CBD oil is new to the industry. It is derived from the hemp plant parts including leaves, stalks, stems, and flowers, which contain cannabinoids such as CBD and THC. Different processes can be used for the extraction of CBD oil including solvent extraction, CO2 extraction, olive oil extraction, etc. This product will have a clear to dark golden color and an earthy plant flavor. Best CBD oils will have all the cannabinoids and other plant materials like terpenes, flavonoids, etc. that can enhance the properties of this oil.
Similarities Between Hemp Oil And CBD Oil
There are some similarities between these two popular products. They are listed below:
- Both are extracted from the hemp plants
- Both are non-intoxicating
- Both have pharmaceutical benefits and healing properties
- Both can be taken orally or applied topically
Differences Between Hemp Oil And CBD Oil
Hemp oil and CBD oil have many differences too which are mentioned below:
- They are derived from different plant parts
- Compounds present in them are entirely different
- The properties and health benefits exhibited by them varies greatly
- Hemp oil has been in use for a long time, however, CBD oil is comparatively new to the industry
- Hemp oil is free of THC (the psychoactive compound in the hemp plant), but CBD oil can contain a small concentration of THC.
- Hemp oil should have to be derived from the industrial hemp variety of the cannabis sativa plant, however, CBD oil can be derived from other varieties too.
Hemp oil and CBD oil are often confused for each other. However, they are different products and provides different health benefits. Hence, you have to get the right product that best suits your condition.